How much is my vehicle worth? A car appraisal will give you an answer, but if you want to know what professional appraisers look at, where to request an appraisal or how to get the best price, you are interested in reading on.
The appraisal of a used car supposes to give a sale price for this vehicle in the second hand market. To give a value, appraisers analyze the state of all the elements that compose it, exterior and interior. You can get the Free online car valuation easily now.
What is valued when appraising a car?
Although the type of appraisal – online, professional or dealer – marks what things are valued more in a vehicle so you can have a rough idea of how much it can cost. Keep in mind 5 fundamental details that every appraiser will look to check its wear and condition:
- External fundamental elements: bodywork, wheels and windows.
- Internal basic elements: motor and battery.
- Standard accessories and extras.
- Fuel type, model and make of the car.
- Age – registration date – and kilometers traveled.
Tips to get an optimal appraisal
Although it is true that the value of your used car depends largely on objective data such as its age or kilometers, you can always improve the professional appraisal and an in-person assessment, if you follow these tips:
- Know the market and go to the appraisal with a rough idea of how much your car can be worth. For this it is ideal to consult pages of sale of second-hand cars and even request a virtual one.
- Diversify and do not stay only with a first appraisal, unless you are in a hurry or do not have the possibility of making more than one assessment, it is best to resort to different companies dedicated to this task to compare.
- Clean your car before going to the appraisal, it seems an unimportant detail, but the first appearance will influence the appraiser and always a clean car – inside and out – leaves a more positive impression.
- Check your car before the appraisal and ask the workshop to make a report with the results to offer to the appraiser. If breakdowns or maintenance problems are found in this review, you can fix it and tell the person estimating the price to assess it.
- If you can fix sheet metal damage, for example, thanks to your car insurance coverage , always do it before the appraisal, you will improve the value of your vehicle.
Where can a car be priced?
The offer of appraisers is very wide, it is worth knowing which one interests you the most. The reason why you want to value your car will mark you where to do it or what type of valuation is most appropriate for your case. From Car.co.uk you will find the best options waiting for you.
There are quite a few experienced and very popular car appraisal companies. Many of them offer appraisals in exchange for keeping the right to sell your car, but this is not always the case. Selling these appraisers to your car will always make you earn less money, but if you are in a hurry or do not have time to manage yourself, it is a very attractive option.